EFFECTIVE DATE: JUNE 13, 2016
How We Collect Information
Information you provide to us. We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, and, in some cases, billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We collect any content you submit to the application or Site and information contained in the submission or which can be extracted from the content.
Information we collect when you use the Service. The following are situations in which you may provide Your Information to us:
- When you register as a User (either as a Customer or Tour Guide, as those terms are defined in the Terms of Service);
- When you fill out forms or fields through our Services;
- When you upload personal travel documents, such as your passport, drivers' license, insurance cards, or other personal information to your personal Travel Vault.
- When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials through our Services;
- When you provide information to us through a third-party application, service or website;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us or our Services, whether via email or other means;
- When you participate in online surveys;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions;
- When you participate in forums or provide user generated content or submissions.
Information provided by third parties. We may collect information about you from sources other than you, such as from social media websites (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or others), blogs, other users and our business partners.
Information about your location. When you use the Service we may collect your precise location data. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Information about your device. When you use our Service through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our Services, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
How We Use InformationWe will use the information we collect in order to:
- Share it with Tour Guides or other users as necessary to facilitate the provision of services.
- Provide users with customer support.
- Contact you and provide you with information.
- Analyze, improve and manage our Services and operations.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of AdventureAlly and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws.
- Display advertising, including advertising that is targeted to you based on your location, as well as your AdventureAlly activities.
- Verify your identity and prevent impersonation, spam or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
Any information that you submit by posting publicly to our Services will be shared with other AdventureAlly Users. This information is susceptible to being shared with the public (non-users) by another AdventureAlly User if they choose to distribute it to the public. Therefore, do not post content or information you do not want others to distribute to the public.
We may share your information with Third Party Providers to enable them to provide the Services you request; with the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as a review, blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public; and with third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
We may use certain third party services to help optimize our Services. In doing so, we may share your information as requested. These third parties include:
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of the Service, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
- Google Adsense.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe we have information about a child younger than 13, please contact us so we may review and remove any such information we find.
Your California Privacy Rights
California legislation permits consumers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information within the immediately preceding calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to through the contact feature on AdventureAlly.com
We do not support the Do Not Track browser setting. Do Not Track (or DNT) is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. If you wish to use Do Not Track browser settings, you may not use the Services.